A Remarkable Recreation Feature Nears Completion – The Dallas Wave
The Dallas Wave is a recreational structure built in the river bottom featuring two “speed bumps” at an equal distance from one another creating two different levels of churning water built by Ark Contracting Services Inc. The Dallas Wave can be accessed from Santa Fe Avenue taking visitors to a gravel road and parking area. The construction is nearing completion and it will open later this year.
It is not unusual for projects to share a construction zone and this is the case for The Dallas Wave and the Santa Fe Trestle Hike and Bike Trail. These two fantastic recreation amenities for the Trinity River Corridor Project are basically being built in tandem. The Dallas Wave is primarily in the river but alongside the banks and overhead of this project, the Santa Fe Trestle Hike and Bike Trail construction is well underway.
When complete, the trail will not only connect Moore Park to the west levee taking visitors on a meandering walkway through the floodway, but it will provide an historic pedestrian crossing over the Trinity River. At the river crossing, the Santa Fe Trestle Hike and Bike Trail transverses to an elevated section where it will take hikers and cyclists across the historic Santa Fe railroad trestle bridge that was built in1904. For daily DART riders, they will get a chance to watch the restoration of the railroad trestle bridge and how the new pedestrian deck is added to it.
The Only Wind Festival in the Southwest!
Reliant Trinity River Wind Festival
Everyone is invited to join us on Saturday, May 14 from noon until 6:00 p.m. at Trammell Crow Park for the newest event in town and the only one of its type in the Southwest – the Reliant Trinity River Wind Festival. What is it all about? Have a look at the list of activities:
Please contact email@example.com or 214-671-9500 with questions. Don’t miss this exciting and innovative festival.
- All events and activities are free including the parking
- Participants bring their own kites, pinwheels, whistles, hand thrown airplanes, scarves, and other wind driven toys and crafts.
- Show kite teams from the Southwest
- REI Camping Exhibit
- Kayak Power -- Kayak Clinic and Paddle Adventure on Trammel Crow Pond
- University of Texas at Arlington Ultimate Frisbee Demonstration
- North Texas Hang/Paragliding Association Demonstration
- Hot Air Balloons on display
- Blackland Prairie Raptor Center native birds
- Personal appearance by Steve Martin and Lindsey Morse and the birds from “Soar”, the new bird show at the Dallas Zoo’s amphitheater
- Food and kite vendors
- Dallas Wind Symphony Performance
- Personal appearances by City Council and major sponsors
Read more >