Trinity River Photo Contest Updates
Photos continue to impact winners, community alike
Dallas City Hall was fortunate to play host to the 2010 photo contest winners following the award ceremony with the Dallas City Council November 17. Contestants were able to see their works displayed in the Trinity River Corridor Project offices, where they were posted for judging. The winners enjoyed socializing and meandering through the halls lined with over 900 photo submissions.
The contest photos have proven to be the gifts that keep on giving to the Dallas community. The traveling exhibit for the 2009 photo contest concluded at the Trinity River Audubon Center to a welcoming reception December 16, where guests enjoyed the many pictures chosen for display. A slide show presentation showcased even more of the photos that illustrated the beauty of the Trinity River Corridor and the talent of local professional, amateur, and youth photographers. The exhibit remained on display at the Audubon Center for two weeks, giving many a final opportunity to view the fantastic photos.
The Official Best Of
From a community perspective, it is exciting to know that three Dallas area companies made the list this year and two are located in the shadows of the Dallas Levee System. Both the Hilton Anatole Hotel and Fuel City are close to the levees with quick access to the new Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge (opening 10/2011), Trammell Crow Park, the Standing Wave (opening spring 2011), and the Trinity.
Each year, the Official Best Of is anticipated. This year, it is proud to be featuring Texas’s top attractions on The Official Best Of Texas 2011. The Official Best of Texas will be aired on Saturday, February 19th at 11:00 am on Dallas KTXA-CBS, as well as on the popular OfficialBestOf.com travel website.
Awarded as The Official Best this year are:
- Mosquito Café – Best All Around Cuisine – Galveston
- Big Bend National Park – Best Outdoor Adventure Destination – Alpine
- V Spa at the Hilton Anatole Hotel – Best Day Spa Retreat – Dallas
- Tanger Outlets of San Marcos – Best Outlet Shopping Destination – San Marcos
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse – Best Steakhouse – Houston
- Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen – Best Seafood Cuisine – Houston
- Plano Centre – Best Meeting and Event Venue – Plano
- Beaumont Ranch – Best Guest Ranch – Grandview
- Gaylord Texan Resort – Best Family Getaway – Grapevine
- Lakewood Landing – Best Upscale Dive Bar – Dallas
- The Victorian Inn Bed and Breakfast – Best Historic Bed and Breakfast Experience – Galveston
- Fuel City Tacos – Best Social Rendezvous - Dallas
The Official Best Of was started in 2004 by Executive Producer, Brett Allen - a TV executive from St. Louis, Missouri. He saw a need for a researched travel resource that also provided TV features online as an additional resource for both in and out of state travelers. As with each state production, The Official Best of Texas for 2011 will offer a great resource for those planning a vacation, day trip or outing for residents within the State of Texas as well as out-of-town visitors. Official Best Of is currently working its way through all fifty states. Visit www.OfficialBestOf.com or e-mail them at email@example.com for more information.
Read more >